Tomorrow's my last final which marks another ending to a quarter. For some reason I didn't feel as stressed this quarter as the week of doom ominously hovered over everybody's heads. Maybe it's because I only had two finals and two papers that weren't too difficult to write. But as I'm attempting to study for my last final I'm feeling my procrastination catch up to me. I definitely had enough time this past weekend to be done studying by now, but of course diamonds are only created under great pressure.
Why is it that each quarter feels like a completely different school year, or maybe it's just me. Last quarter was such a blur of hospital visits, late night conversations in my car, sofas in the middle of the living room, laughter and food. I guess it was kind of our honeymoon stage. Honeymoon stages are nice, but they don't really last.
Winter Quarter always feels really long even though there are two three day weekends and lots of birthday celebrations. Birthdays are all exciting now because everybody's turning 21 (PB PB PB!), but I really do exemplify what they say - once you're legally able to drink, alcohol loses it's appeal. Maybe I'm just recovering from a much too crazy fall quarter, but the bar scene is pretty nice. It's definitely a fun way to meet all sorts of people and get closer to the ones who can go to the bars with you (and make all the friends who can't jealous & bitter). Now I just can't wait to go to Vegas! :)
Sometimes I feel that it's still really hard to make good friends in college. I've definitely made some that I will probably keep in touch with throughout my life, but people are still so scared to commit. Like, they still want to meet as many people as they can, which I'm not saying is a bad thing, but at what point are you satisfied with the friends that you have? I guess since I've pretty much reached that point I don't want anybody leaving me.
It's taken me more than two years, but right now I'm pretty content with my life in San Diego. Even now, as I'm procrastinating for my final, I'm doing it in the company of some of my favorite people and the view looking over Library Walk from the fifth floor of the library is gorgeous in it's own, nerdy way.
Why is it that each quarter feels like a completely different school year, or maybe it's just me. Last quarter was such a blur of hospital visits, late night conversations in my car, sofas in the middle of the living room, laughter and food. I guess it was kind of our honeymoon stage. Honeymoon stages are nice, but they don't really last.
Winter Quarter always feels really long even though there are two three day weekends and lots of birthday celebrations. Birthdays are all exciting now because everybody's turning 21 (PB PB PB!), but I really do exemplify what they say - once you're legally able to drink, alcohol loses it's appeal. Maybe I'm just recovering from a much too crazy fall quarter, but the bar scene is pretty nice. It's definitely a fun way to meet all sorts of people and get closer to the ones who can go to the bars with you (and make all the friends who can't jealous & bitter). Now I just can't wait to go to Vegas! :)
Sometimes I feel that it's still really hard to make good friends in college. I've definitely made some that I will probably keep in touch with throughout my life, but people are still so scared to commit. Like, they still want to meet as many people as they can, which I'm not saying is a bad thing, but at what point are you satisfied with the friends that you have? I guess since I've pretty much reached that point I don't want anybody leaving me.
It's taken me more than two years, but right now I'm pretty content with my life in San Diego. Even now, as I'm procrastinating for my final, I'm doing it in the company of some of my favorite people and the view looking over Library Walk from the fifth floor of the library is gorgeous in it's own, nerdy way.
No comments:
Post a Comment