Sunday, March 23, 2008

Airports and Home

I love airports. Airports are a place where people are leaving one location, people they love, and going somewhere new maybe. Maybe to start a new life, or just temporarily. Airports are also a place where people are coming back home, reuniting with people they haven't seen in a while. Ah, there's so much emotion and things changing in people's lives at airports and I love it.

I love being home! My carpet gets softer every time I come home to it and my family is so nice to me. They crack me up. My brother is getting so tall and old. I don't think he looks like Tupac I think he looks like a Toucan. This was a conversation we had in the car:

Mom: I'm trying to talk to Kevin about Love. To tell him all about it.
Kevin: LALALALALAALA
Me: Mom, so what IS love?
Mom: When you won't do anything to hurt that person. Even if you get into a fight with them.

Such a simple definition of love, but very wise don't you think?

Surprisingly I haven't seen anybody except for family yet. Maybe because I have nothing to wear since I only brought dirty clothes home and am in the process of washing everything.

The weather was so nice in San Diego the day I left. Steph and I went to eat lunch in Seaport Village which is right along the harbor. There's so many out doors things that I want to do next quarter! Biking on the harbor, kayaking on the bay, and skim boarding at La Jolla Shores. :) There are also a bunch of events to look forward to next quarter.

4/4-4/8: Family weekend (Mom, aunts, uncle, and cousins!)
4/12: Admit Day, Casino Dance
4/13: Fusion
4/19: Marshal Semi-Formal

Not to mention a whole new group of OLs and the process of selecting a new cabinet for TASA. Hopefully sometime in the beginning of the spring quarter I'll figure out what I'm going to do for the summer because everything is so up in the air right now!

Goals for spring quarter:
- Finish arranging at least one song
- Read, read, read!
- Spend time with family
- Enjoy NYC!!!

No comments: