So much has happened since my last update - I almost never have internet access for very long. I want to upload my pictures onto Facebook, but I haven't had my laptop with me.
Currently I'm at a wang ka (internet cafe) with two TAS boysies who are intensly playing DOTA. -_-" We are waiting for Pat to finish her straight perm and both Jojo and I are sporting new, fobby haircuts.
I'm finally doing what I wanted to do when I first arrived to Taiwan - PLAY IN TAIPEI 24/7! :) Thanks to Ray I was able to escape the program on Thursday and since then my dad and brother have arrived, I went to Yi Lan and had the best cong you bings ever (other than my mother's), and spent all day with my favorite "Taiwanese" boy. Things are going well, but I am sleepy and this place smells like smoke. :( The one thing I hate about Taiwan is that people smoke everywhere - EVEN indoors!!!
I miss my kids at Ping Xi a lot. I cried so much on the last day and I made everybody else cry. :D Even though we were the spoiled American kids they always offered the little things that they did have (like their PMT). They showed us unconditional love even though we were only there for 12 weeks and I really hope they keep up their studies so they can get out of poverty. It's so hard for them though because they have all these obsticles in front of them that aren't in their control at all. Sigh, I really hope I have the chance to visit them again.
Ok, I can't stand the smell of the smoke anymore. I will try to update pictures soon.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment