Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Burnt Out

Today is the first day that I've been home before dark without any midterms to study for, TASA event to go to, or any other obligations! It feels so nice just to be at home to clean, do laundry, and work on some easy homework.

Yesterday was so stressful! :( I went to Geisle five times in 2 hours in attempts to get the book I needed for my midterm today. I also realized I needed 2 letters of recommendation by this Friday for an application I don't think I will be able to actually complete because I put it off way too late. Sometimes I'm so busy with other things I forget about things that I want to do for myself. But thanks to some chocolate Teddy grams and good company I felt much better by the end of the day. I was still way screwed for my midterm, but thanks to an amazing roommate and a pretty handleable midterm I'm feeling a little like this right now:


So I'm taking this Film Studies class and it's really interesting. I really like the professor and I actually participate in class discussions! He calls on people sometimes and it's so startling to have to think of something intelligent to say on the spot. The films we watch are all about relationships so we just finished Closer and now we're watching Eyes Wide Shut. I've actually never seen either movie so I think I may go rent them tonight.

Anyways this past Monday our professor briefly touched upon the subject about lying to protect others. And then he said that it can be argued that people only lie to the people they love. At first I agreed, but the more I think about it the less I agree. When you lie to somebody you're taking the truth away from them and controlling them with your own distorted version. You're patronizing them and will only hurt them more in the long run. If you really love somebody, you shouldn't even have the need to lie to them in the first place.

No comments: