Anyways, I don't want this post to take up too much time because we are going out to dinner soon so I will just make it short and sweet so that at least you guys have some pictures to look at!

This is the living room of my apt. This picture does not do justice because our place is HUGE. We have high rise ceilings and a lot of space. The only problem is that the shower is tiny - oh well.

These are my lovely roommates. I've only been here for a week, but I love them already! We basically do everything together and we are all so different (blond, brunette, redhead, and the ASIAN) but so similar too. It goes Jenna (the girl from Philly - I love her accent and her late night goofiness), Me (nothing I am wearing is mine since at that point in time I still hadn't received my luggage), Meg (she has a southern drawl and I share a room with her), and Kailey (she goes to school in North Carolina where OTH is filmed and has discussed poetry with the actor who plays Dan Scott! We are from parallel worlds because we are completely the same in certain things and then completely opposite). This picture was taken at the vineyard. Isn't it gorgeous?

Then they served us a 5 course traditional Italian meal accompanied with white and red wine! It was delish, but I didn't finish my wine since I'm not that big of a wine drinker. It was pretty sweet.

I don't know why these are so blurry, but I'm too lazy to fix it. This is the Duomo and it's HUGE. We live about 2 min. away from it so it's pretty sweet. There's always a ton of tourists around which gets kind of annoying.

What's cool is that my program includes a lot of things like trips and little tours and dinners and stuff so my roommates and I went on this walking tour of Florence. It was sweet; I learned so much that I would have never thought about since the tour guide was an art history major. I have a lot to say about stuff like that, but I will probably elaborate some other time. This is a church right here and the ground in front of it is a burial site for infants who don't make it. It was kind of creepy.

I love this picture. Basically in Florence, it's very hard to see open sky since all the apartments and buildings are so high and the streets are so narrow. I haven't been able to find Orion yet so that sucks, but it's a pretty cool city. We're always walking around during dusk which I LOVE and even though it's hard for me to sleep at night (there are ALWAYS cars or motorcycles or loud drunk people walking around and we don't close our windows since it's way too hot for that) I'm getting used to this place. It's hard to walk around sometimes since the streets are not paved and all made out of stone.

This is another one of my favorite pictures. My roommates and I were just walking around and we heard this flautist playing to U2 so we sat down to watch. It ended up being a full 2 hour show with him and another artist on the guitar. People were all gathered around this little corner in the Piazza de Signoria listening and appreciating the music. I loved it - the acoustics were awesome since the space was surrounded by tall building and the flautist was amazing. I basically fell in love with Florence right then and there.
We all dressed up, but since I didn't have my luggage yet I borrowed something from Kailey (we are the same height, shoe size, and bra size). It was fun, but a little scary when we had to walk back by ourselves at 1am in the dark alleys and freezing cold and in shoes that gave me blisters.

Wednesday night, we went to watch the late night showing of Harry Potter - we were super excited and so was the entire movie theater. It was a lot of fun because everybody was so into it and cheering and stuff. HE IS HOT and it was such a good movie. I cried through the entire thing and it was embarrassing because they had no idea before that night that I'm such a sap. Oh well, now they know! They just laughed at my puffy eyes.
Gah, my words and pictures do not do justice to what I'm experiencing here in Florence. I wish you all could be here with me because it's just amazing. Anyways, for more pictures go here: http://picasaweb.google.com/xCONSx.
Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment